Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mumbai Marathon 2009 - Self Realisation

Mumbai Marathon - I had always read and heard about the said marathon – Run for a Cause & this was the first time (January 18, 2009 – Mumbai), I participated in it - the dream run (7 Kilometers). To run seven kilometers (the minimum distance) is a huge task – believe it or not – for me it was. It is easier said than done & I felt it while running.
After completing the same, there was a feeling of self satisfaction and when you see many a people – kids, young and old, handicapped running for a cause, you are inspired and it gives you a spirit to accomplish the task.
Somehow with the spirit and inspiration, I was able to complete the distance in 50 – 55 minutes.
When we (me & my colleagues) were heading towards our home, there was a discussion on various aspects related to marathon & few of us decided to participate the half marathon (21 kilometers) next year, I don’t know this was out of the zeal or what?
Today, January 26/27, 2009, I was thinking of what we decided & will I be able to do so! I tried to pen down the learning’s from the said marathon:

  • Keeping ourselves fit is very important – Health has to be earned.
  • Discipline – Self Control plays a pivotal role in our personal & professional lives.
  • Without Dedication and Determination, no task can be accomplished.
  • Do it with Passion and see the change in results.
  • Complacency can change in attitude.
  • Being Realistic makes our goals achievable.
  • Plan your action before initiating it - Estimate your ability.
  • Goal should be attainable & achievable. It should be challenging too.
  • Being straight forward in accepting failures.
  • Identifying Obstacles - Know your weaknesses and hot spots: Make your own list. Be specific. This will help in knowing ourselves better and can help us in bringing more discipline in life.
  • The formula of “I can do it” - will help in strengthening the foundation of the desired goal.
  • Keep up the spirit and have faith in god.

    This is for personal, non-commercial use only.

    1 comment:

    1. Hi Vikrant,Nice to find you in Blog world. Nice postings.Keep it going.

      ReplyDelete